MEDIA SERVICES & ACCREDITATION
Please note that we can only guarantee the rates mentioned below until August 1st, 2012. However, if you register for the Media Hotels after this date, we will do our utmost to assure your accommodation.
The Media Hotel for the 2012 FIBA U17 World Championship in Amsterdam is:
Hotel Casa 400
Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4
1097 BC Amsterdam
t: +31 (0)20 207 80 03
f: +31 (0)20 663 03 79
The following rates are available for Media Representatives:
- Single Room (including breakfast): 90 Euro per night
- Double Room (including breakfast): 100 Euro per night
Hotel Casa 400 offers free internet.
Please note that the above mentioned rate can only be booked by the Local Organizing Committee. For further information and reservations please contact the LOC by sending
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel organized by the LOC.
Media Representatives have to inform the LOC on their estimated time of arrival.
It is a 15 minutes drive from the hotel to the competition venue.
The LOC will provide a shuttle service from the Hotel Casa 400 to the venue.
Hotel Casa 400 offers a private parking garage for up to 100 cars at a rate of €1,50 per half hour with a maximum of €20,00 per 24 hours.
Leading up to Amsterdam 2012 and all through the championship, in order to facilitate your work, we will do our best to offer a comprehensive media service.
On this website you will find all of the necessary information about the media accreditation procedure for the 2012 FIBA U17 World Championship for Women.
Below you will find the application form for accreditation which should be duly completed and returned to Renate Landa of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC). Please see below for details.
The basic facts about the media accreditation are as follows:
- All application forms have to be completed and submitted via internet or sent to the LOC's postal address listed below.
- All accreditation applications will have to be approved by FIBA. You are not automatically accredited by completing this form.
- Media representatives with an accreditation will have access to the sports venue of the event. The media accreditation card will specify the area in the venue which has been assigned to the specific media type. The media accreditation card will offer a variety of media services including the usage of designated media facilities. Please note that the seating priorities and reserved seats in the Media Tribune will be decided by FIBA and the LOC.
- Media representatives will have access to a special hotel accommodation at preferred rates.
- The media accreditation deadline is August 1st, 2012.
Please help us process your application by completing the application form in as much detail as possible.
We remind you that by completing and submitting the application forms you are not automatically accredited.
Please note that the deadline for rooms in the official media hotel is August 1st, 2012! While the Dutch LOC cannot assure you a room in this hotel if your accreditation request is received after this deadline, every effort will be made to ensure that media representatives are offered a room in this hotel beyond the deadline. For further information, please contact Renate Landa of the LOC at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Conditions of Accreditation
Your application for a media accreditation for the 2012 FIBA U17 World Championship for Women will only be processed upon confirmation of the following conditions:
- Accredited media representatives must wear their accreditation at all times.
- Accredited media representatives are only allowed in the designated zones as displayed on the accreditation badge.
- Accredited media representatives are only allowed to follow the defined routing system.
- Accredited media representatives must behave in an orderly manner befitting of a media professional throughout the Championship. Any abusive behaviour or conduct unbecoming will result in expulsion from all venues.
- Media representatives must respect all instructions given by FIBA and the Organizing Committee.
- Accredited TV non-rights holders will not be allowed to film any game and pre- or post-game action. They will only be allowed to conduct interviews in the Mixed Zone and film the post-game press conference.
- Non-EBU Radio members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to clear the radio rights for the broadcast of the games.
- Accredited Radio non-rights holders are not allowed to give live commentary. They will only be allowed to conduct interviews in the Mixed Zone and tape the post-game press conference.
- Accredited Websites will not be allowed to use video or audio content. They will also not be allowed to place live scoring or live still images. Please note that the video and audio broadcasting rights as well as the live scoring and statistics all belong to FIBA. Any infringement will result in legal action being taken.
- Still photographers will have their assigned positions behind the baseline. FIBA/LOC may limit the number of photographers per media organization for these photo positions on a game by game basis. All photographers have to wear bibs to enter the photo positions at the venues.
- The accreditation of any person found to be accredited under false pretenses will be invalidated immediately.
- The venue of the 2012 U17 FIBA World Championship for Women will be smoke free areas.
- Your personal data is collected, processed and dealt with in a strictly confidential manner. Compliance with data protection shall thereby be guaranteed.
- An extract with data collected from the application form (surname, first name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, nationality as per identity card/passport, postcode, town, street, house number, country, type and number of passport/identification card) may be forwarded electronically to the Security Authorities for a security check.
Upon violation of the above conditions, FIBA and the Organizers reserve the right to give a verbal or written warning before declaring an accreditation invalid. At the same time the above named parties also have the right to invalidate an accreditation immediately.
Media accreditation request
Netherlands Basketball Federation
Renate Landa - LOC U17 WCW
Wattbaan 31 – 49
3439 ML Nieuwegein
FIBA Daily Newsletter
Subscribe to our daily newsletter and get the latest basketball news directly into your mailbox.